Monday, July 16, 2012

General Mills Cereal Monsters Series

I recently finished up my Boo Berry illustration which concludes my General Mills Cereal Monsters series. You can go back and look at the individual posts for Count Chocula, Frankenberry, and Boo Berry. Some of you may realize that I'm leaving out Fruit Brute and Yummy Mummy, but I decided to leave those guys out because I didn't grow up with them and I'm not familiar with the characters or the cereals. Here are the illustrations again all in one place for convenience.



I had a blast coming up with these redesigns and painting the final illustrations. This is definitely some of my best work right here and I'm really proud of how everything turned out.  I hope you've enjoyed watching my progress on these pieces. It's a lot of fun to put my own spin on familiar characters and I plan on doing more similar work in the future. As an added bonus, for fun I worked up some mock Magic the Gathering cards featuring my monster paintings. Enjoy, and thanks for stopping by.

1 comment:

  1. These are just amazing - your work just gets so much better every time I drop by here.

    ReplyDelete