Monday, March 24, 2014

Meet Syrup, the D&D Vampiric Pixie

A friend of mine recently commissioned me to paint the character he's playing as in his D&D campaign. The description sounded pretty fun so I was eager to take a stab at it, he described her as a Pixie turned into a vampire who hates the sun, loves sweets and has a vendetta against birds.

Syrup
Here are some of the sketches I did to test out some options...

I'm really fond of the shape of the hair in pose C, and I'm hoping I can have a chance to use it somewhere in the future, but in the end you have to go with what the client prefers, and he told me how important it was for her to have a hood on. Which makes sense, considering she's a vampire.

It was a fun job for sure. It's nice to have a specific personality and details to work with as opposed to just another generic fantasy character.

No comments:

Post a Comment