Thursday, October 4, 2012

Revisting an old friend

I recently decided to revisit an older piece of mine and here's the final product which I'm really satisfied with!
Sometimes I really like the ideas I come up with but I can't always execute the idea as well as I'd like due to my technical skills at the time. However, when I really like an idea I can really get a craving to redo the piece.
Above is the original B&W piece I did about a year ago I think. At the time I was really happy with some elements of the piece but I felt like there was something missing (and it wasn't just color). What's great about redoing an older piece is that I have a lot of things already figured out it's just a matter of refining everything. The older version winds up being a roadmap for the new piece. I hope you like the new version!

No comments:

Post a Comment