Monday, October 1, 2012

Conventions, and me being at them.

Just wanted to let everyone know that I'll be attending a couple of conventions in the next few weeks. Those conventions are New York Comic Con and IlluXcon.

I'll only be attending the New York Comic Con on Friday, October 12. I've never been to NYCC and I'll be attending the con as a spectator. I'm planning on enjoying some entertainment panels and having fun, but there's also a panel being held by Capcom on how to get a job in the video game industry which I'm really looking forward to, so I'll be trying to squeeze in some business on the side as well. I'll even have some of my new postcards on me just in case (see below). I'm really excited to be attending the NYCC and depending on what happens I'll see about making a blog post about my experience.
As for IlluXcon, this will be my 2nd time attending the con, and I'll be setting up a table for the first time as well. The con is from November 8-11 and this is the big one for me. Over the past year I've been putting a lot of effort into taking my artwork to the next level and I'm really hoping to attract a lot attention from art directors. I'm really looking forward to making new contacts, meeting new people and catching up with old friends. Look for my table at the Showcase event where I'll have some large framed prints up on display and you can even purchase them if you'd like. Below you can see one print I already have made of my Darksol portrait. See this and many more pieces, including my General Mills Cereal Monsters Series, and grab some of my new postcards / business cards too.
I'll be posting more updates on what's in store for my Illuxcon venture so stay tuned. Let me know if you're going to the con too! I'm really looking forward to meeting tons of awesome people.

No comments:

Post a Comment