Friday, December 2, 2011

Inspiration Spotlight #13: Scary Stories to Tell in the Dark

Ok, this one might be a little obscure, but I remember reading Scary Stories to Tell in the Dark by Alvin Schwartz all the time when I was little.
Me and my friends were really into them and one of the things that stood out the most were the pencil illustrations that accompanied each story.
This was probably one of my first real encounters of illustrations that really impacted me, at least since I my children's books.
To this day, when I make drawings more along the lines of the horror, you can often see similarities between my drawings and the drawings inside Scary Stories to Tell in the Dark, done by illustrator Stephen Gammell.
The stories are a lot of fun, and some of them are really creepy for a kid to read. I still enjoy looking through these books from time to time, though I have no idea what happened to my copies.

No comments:

Post a Comment