Wednesday, December 28, 2011

A tooth for a painting

Well not really, she never actually took any of my teeth and it's more like a painting for money...what I'm trying to say is that I recently did a couple of mixed media (ink, watercolor, colored pencil) pieces for my dentist. I came in for an appointment, told her about what I did and she asked me if I could work up some pieces for her son and daughter for Christmas.

It was a lot of fun working on some children's illustrations and it felt good to be working traditionally again as well. I'm really looking forward to hearing how her kids liked them. I'd love to do something like this again in the future so if you'd like your own piece, let me know.

P.S. I have been really busy lately working on jobs and stuff that I haven't really had much time to do studies. I have however been making sure to do some kind of artwork every single day. I missed out on only one day so far though, really rough day. Anyways, I hope to get back into the habit of doing the studies after the holidays.

No comments:

Post a Comment