Saturday, December 16, 2017

Intro - Let's Get Unstable!!!

It's finally here!!! I've been waiting a long time to write about this. About 2 years back I got my very first assignment to create artwork for Magic: the Gathering, and that work has finally been published with the release of the 3rd Un-set, Unstable.


While my artwork for Amonkhet and Hour of Devastation wound up being my first published works, those were actually done after I worked on Unstable. It's been an odd mix of excitement to finally be published while still having the eagerness to show off my very first works for Magic. So to finally reach this moment brings me much delight.

In case you didn't know...

I'M A BIG FAN OF THE UN-SETS

My Unstable collection...so far

Now don't get me wrong, I'm a big fan of non-Un-sets too. But what makes the Un-sets special to me is the crazy new ideas they explore along with their light-hearted and silly tone.

Magic has created so many amazing worlds over the years, and the fact that they can hit the full spectrum of super serious to outrageously comical just makes me love Magic as a whole even more. I feel incredibly honored to have gotten the chance to work on Unstable and I'm very excited to share some posts about my artwork for the set in the coming days.


Humor is very important to me for lots of reasons, but more than anything it brings me great joy to be able to put a smile on another person's face. There's no greater compliment to me than genuine from-the-gut laughter after telling a joke, doing something silly, or drawing a funny picture. I hope the work that I've created for Unstable enhances the overall experience of the set for Magic fans.

Please enjoy the following posts to come on the artwork I created for Unstable. I took an unconventional approach while writing them, with the goal to keep them in the same spirit as the Un-sets themselves. I promise you're in for quite an unusual experience, so watch out!

I'll be updating this post with links to the new ones as they're posted:
1 - "Why Can't I Hold All These Beasts?" - Beast in Show 
2 - "The Goblining" - Three-Headed Goblin
3 - "Double Vision" Handy Dandy Clone Machine
4 - "No Party? No Problem!" - Party Crasher
5 - "S.O.S. Save Our Saucer" - Skull Saucer
6 - "It's a ConTRAPt!" Contraption Cannon
7 - Wrap-Up Post

*NOTE: This collection of blog posts are unofficial Fan Content permitted under the Fan Content Policy. Not approved/endorsed by Wizards. Portions of the materials used are property of Wizards of the Coast. ©Wizards of the Coast LLC.”*

No comments:

Post a Comment